Monday 27 February 2012

Cheese-eating surrender monkeys win best film at Oscars

The Oscars are over for another year, thank God. I'm not sure whether it's an indication of the intellectual depths to which the media in America and Britain has plummeted, but there must be something wrong when a back-slapping, luvvie-gushing, navel gazing awards ceremony becomes more newsworthy than the economic and political upheavals at home and abroad.
I saw The Artist - it was OK, I think the dog should have won the award for best actor - but I resolutely refused to see The Iron Lady, an apparently sensitive film about a horrible woman, and another Hollywood re-writing of history.

I'm not sure whether Coalition - The Movie will be a comedy or a tragedy, but at the minute the Lib-Dems are certainly silent actors...

No comments:

Post a Comment